Media Contact: Voula Skinner +61 439 315 478 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICEE Folding Box© Brings Innovative Technology to the Global Packaging Market at the Save Food Innovationparc, Interpack Düsseldorf 2014 Booth FGIPP27 – the World’s First Flat Pack EPS Box
April 24, 2014 – Melbourne, Australia – ICEE Folding Box© is exhibiting in the Save Food Pavilion Booth FGIPP27 at INTERPACK Messe Düsseldorf 7-14, 2014 to bring innovative solutions to the global packaging industry and the global food losses estimated to be *1.3 billion tonnes per year.
The ICEE Folding Box© is the result of several years of research and development to perfect a process to form an integrated hinge into an expanded polystyrene (EPS) product. The end result has been a patented, durable, strong, multi-use hinge that is ideal to produce EPS containers, which fold flat.
“The disadvantage with most EPS containers – until now – is that they have been produced in an assembled form which makes them expensive and inconvenient to store, transport and return for recycle or re-use,” explains co-founder, Gary Skinner. “The patented ICEE Folding Box© resolves these issues and creates opportunities for EPS containers to become the preferred packaging medium for fresh produce, internet groceries, meats, fish and seafood, baked goods and pharmaceuticals.”
Representatives from the founding company in Australia – who are seeking to sign up new licensees – will be on hand to discuss the features of this revolutionary patented process and the positive impact for manufacturers, logistics companies and end users saving space, food losses, time and money:
• Produced, stored and shipped flat
• More economical to transport and store
• Convenient to return for recycle or re-use
• Ideal for grower to supermarket supply loop • Ideal for internet grocery delivery
• Recycling is simple and inexpensive with no toxins
• No CFC’s
• Environmentally responsible
• Greatly reduces food spoilage
• Ideal for humanitarian aid
EPS has always been considered a superior packaging material because of its high thermal and cushioning qualities and its attractive environmental footprint. EPS containers are superior to most other packaging materials due to compression strength and thermal advantages, which keep contents safe, fresh and secure during transportation under adverse climate conditions.
Research published in “Reducing Spoilage in the Fresh Food Supply Chain” from Intelliflex and The Hardford in 2011 shows:
• *Roughly 30% of fruits and vegetables are lost post harvest and 25% to 50% of the economic value is lost because of reduced quality
• *40% of all foods produced in the less developed countries spoil every day before they reach the consumers
• 50% of this loss is attributed to temperature variations in transit
Environmental Impact The ICEE Folding Box© has excellent environmental credentials in both the production phase and in the recycle stage:
• The ICEE Folding Box© is 100% recyclable and has far less impact on the environment than other competing materials for the same use.
• EPS has a high calorific value in a “waste to energy program” 1 kg of EPS is approximately equivalent to 1.5 liters of fuel oil. There are no toxic emissions when EPS is burnt and the waste residue is inert and free of toxins. About EPS
• **EPS is made of 98% air and is an inert material without harmful chemicals that off-gas or leach during its use or disposal
• EPS is safe, non-toxic and totally inert.At no time in its life cycle does it contain any Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) or Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). It is also absent of any nutritional value, and because it is inert no fungi or micro-organisms, such as mould, can grow inside EPS and rot the produce
• Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is an economical, versatile, lightweight, rigid, plastic foam insulation material produced from solid beads of polystyrene
• **The EPS Industry Alliance reports that EPS meets five of the criteria for sustainable packaging based on the Sustainable Packaging Coalition’s definitions. View the EPS Sustainability Checklist for full details
• **The 2012 EPS Recycling Rate Report shows that over 93 million pounds of EPS were recycled, including 36.7 million pounds of post-consumer packaging and 56.9 million pounds of post-industrial packaging (USA)
About ICEE Pty Ltd
ICEE Containers Pty Ltd is a privately owned company based in Tullamarine, Victoria, Australia - firstname.lastname@example.org The companies and their affiliates have a 30-year history in manufacturing with experience specifically in EPS moulding and Extruded Polystyrene Moulding.
You are invited to hear Mr Gary Skinner speak at the Save Food Innovationparc Speaker’s Forum:
"The role of the ICEE fold flat EPS container in dramatically reducing food waste for the entire supply chain"
Saturday 10th May 1:30 – 1:50
Monday 12th May 1:30 – 1:50
For media inquiries visit the website www.iceefoldingbox.com or contact Voula Skinner +61 439 315 478 email@example.com High-resolution photos available.
*Source: Save Food www.save-food.org
**Source: EPS Industry Alliance www.epsindustry.org