Nijkerk & Standdaarbuiten (The Netherlands), Sofia (Bulgaria), Stanley & Livingston (UK) 17/04/2014 – COVERIS, a new global player in the packaging industry with a long history in Food Service, presents its extensive product portfolio with high performance and innovative packaging solutions at Interpack in Düsseldorf.
Global presence with profound expertise in the Food Service industry
Coveris has combined its strengths & capabilities in 2013 to enable customers to benefit from a wide range of high-performance and innovative packaging solutions for various consumer and industrial end-use markets around the world.
In the Food Service industry, Coveris supplies to vending operators, the coffee industry, quick service restaurants, catering companies, breweries, ready meal, snack and fresh food companies. Coveris is also a business partner for cash and carries, wholesalers and retailers and mainly present in Central & Eastern Europe and in the UK.
With PACCOR and Kobusch as former parts of Coveris, the company looks back to a long Food Service tradition, having developed profound expertise in this industry. Thus, it is able to meet the demand of its customers by developing and manufacturing functional, light-weight and sustainable product packaging with sophisticated decoration and optimal shelf presentation.
As a local partner with global reach, Coveris is close to its customers and profits from access to the global packaging range of the Group, which makes it easy to launch an existing product in a different market within a short period of time.
Extensive product portfolio
Our vast Food Service product portfolio of value-adding packaging solutions includes the following product categories:
• Hot Drinking Cups & Lids made of PS, like the Freshbrew, Swing and eXpert vending cup ranges, which are compatible with all automatic vending machines; Ingredient cups and cups made of expanded PS (EPS), which are functional and available in different colors and sizes; Cups with and without handle made of paper or plastic, which are designed for table top, OCS and to-go applications;
• Cold Drinking Cups & Glasses made of PS, PP and recycled PET (rPET) to meet the needs for safe, food contact approved and sustainable product packaging for the growing water vending segment;
• Accessories such as coffee spoons, stirrers, straws and cup dispensers to ideally complement the drinking cup product ranges;
• Multi-Fresh Containers & (Hinged) Lids made of APET and rPET with optimal protection and product visibility for fresh fruit, vegetables & salads or delicatessen, snacks & confectionary sold in supermarkets or take-away shops, like the SH-, V-, VK-, SW-, MF-, Octobox-, Tamperguard- (with patented tamper evident opening feature), Vision- and Wave salad bowl ranges;
• Catering Presentation Trays & Lids made of clear and black APET and rPET positioned as premium table presentation solutions with exceptional clarity for meat, fish & poultry or fruit, vegetables & salads, like the Platter and CS-ranges;
• BBQ Gourmet Trays & Lids made of APET for meat and poultry, like the CS- and BBQ-ranges with convenient compartments;
• Delicatessen Trays & Lids made of clear and black APET for snacks & delicatessen, pastry, fish and sushi, like the premium Sushi range, to intensify the contrast of the fresh products even more;
• Bakery & Pastry Trays made of clear APET and rPET, like the FCP Classic, FCP Elegance and the Baguette & Roll ranges or the OPS blister range;
• Containers made of PP for meat, fish & poultry, ready meals, delicatessen & snacks, like the APP-, M187- and MC171-ranges.
Great variety of customized packaging solutions
On top of the standard product portfolio, Coveris develops tailormade packaging solutions with multiple decoration options, for example embossing and customized prints, in partnerships with « strong » brands. Simultaneously, the company is looking for new market potentials by continuously investing in research & development for new technologies and new packaging solutions to create value through innovation.
The development of the new vending insulation cup VenDuo® is just one example for one of the latest innovations, which was supported and facilitated through the Center for Development & Innovation (CDI). It is Coveris’ own one-stop shop to speed up the development process for new technologies and customized packaging solutions.
Food Service highlights by Coveris
At the Interpack fair in May this year, Coveris Food Service will show its combined strengths and opportunities to support partners by jointly developing their businesses further. Visitors of the Coveris stand at E43 in Hall 10 can be introduced to the latest innovations and Food Service highlights being presented during the fair: