Mascara : a product with 2500 patents !
The high technology of this product, which is the subject of more than 2500 patents worldwide, has to meet specific requirements, particularly in two fields where PKB technologies have proven their efficacy :
• Filling, using an optimised dosing system to:
- fill a very thick product,
- obtain high dosing accuracy despite filling very small volumes (5 to 10 mL),
- achieve product priming, made more difficult by its elevated viscosity,
- avoid trapping air by using ‘bottom up’ filling, absolutely essential because of the very narrow neck diameter of the bottle.
• Adaptability to the constraints associated with diverse packaging types:
- round, oval, square, cylindrical and triangular bottles,
- long, unstable shapes that require the use of pucks,
- pre-assembled wipers, or to be dispensed and assembled on the machine,
- brushes with a variety of shapes and characteristics, the result of the extraordinary inventiveness of the various brands to obtain special effects. This wide diversity requires the distribution of these loose items to be perfectly controlled by operating independently of the cap shape and the brushes’ centre of gravity. For this purpose, PKB has developed the ‘racetrack feeder’, an exclusive patented PKB system that distributes loose brushes without rubbing or tangling,
- intelligent servodrive capping machines: low torque to maintain
integrity of fragile caps + torque check + cap orientation if necessary.
The PKB SYNCHRO meets all these requirements fully.